Monday, April 9, 2012

A day of beach bumming in Puting Buhangin

My younger days are long gone now since I was in grade school. Those were the days when my mom would take me to the sea named Pook somewhere in Hernani Eastern Samar, to catch some sea shells and other sea foods. These where the thoughts running through me when I was leading our team of 12 to Kuwebang Lampas, in Puting Buhangin Resort in Pagbilao Grande, Pagbilao Quezon. Just like Pook, the trek to Puting Buhangin is nearby a cliff that an iota of a wrong move could bring accident.
It seems to me that once again I am a child, trekking the rough and rocky way to kuwebang lampas, balancing my way not to fall in the cliff on the left side of the trek, whilst ensuring my teammates are guided well through the
muddy trek. The chirping of the birds and the cool summer breeze of the pacific console me, and the memory of my childhood brought life to the supposed to be dangerous trek, a bit dangerous than the trek to Mount Pinatubo.
My legs could only complain about the turns and curves and the sharp pebbles along the way, and the barefooted me could only enjoy the spa like sensation of the mud in my feet. The trek to Kuwebang Lampas seems so endless, but the thoughts of the beauty that is beyond seems incomparable than the aches and pains incurred along the way, I was so sure mother nature wont fail me, I am sure that the trek is worth all these.
After a rough 30 minutes of trekking from the lagoon we finally reached our destination, Puting Buhangin resort and kuwebang lampas. As per previous blog posts Puting buhangin used to be called Lukang Beach ( the beach used to be a property of Lukang family) this time, the signage tells it all, this small piece of a Paradise now belongs to Pagbilao Development Corporation. We passed through the gate and after such a long trek, Lo and Behold, the splendid beauty of a secluded paradise.Enchanted by the bliss that surrounded me, once again the beauty that an off-beat beach has to offer knocked me off my feet. This is indeed paradise!!
Puting Buhangin is composed of an approximately 70 meters long sea shore, almost the same length to that of Anawangin cove. Puting Buhangin which literrally means white sand speaks for itself. The white powdery sand though not as fine as that of Calaguas,is the essence that defines the beach identity.Just I step my foot on the mixture of powdery and coarse white sand, I then decided to mooch around and get the most out of the trip. Exploring both ends of the resort wont take that long since the shore line is merely 70 meters long. I was amidst exploring the beachfront, walking barefooted trying to feel the difference of the sand form all the other beaches I've set my foot into, while my friends are busy camerawhoring striking all the best pose that would soon be their new profile picture in facebook.
This is the simplicity of a beach that defines Puting Buhangin's beauty, the ambiance is so full of positive vibes that would regenerate one's polluted system. The air is fresh that defines cool summer breeze. The lush and greenery is like an army that protects its enthroned Goddess. This birds chirping is music to people seeking temporary solitude. The torquise like waters of its beach promise a blissful swimming experience, and like a lullabye that hums a child to sleep,its gentle waves is so caressing and soft that is irony to a bit of rude attitude of its caretakers.
And to add up to this, the weather which like a bluff preparing for a rainfall which never happened at all, is indeed conducive to a day of beach bumming.
Nevertheless, despite the beauty that my view encompass, it is undeniable that there are some guests that doesn't care but enjoy its beauty and leave their rubbish behind. The sightings of plastic bags scattered along the shoreline is evident of this laxity and insensitivity. Indeed nature is so generous,despite this some of us are ungrateful.
I dont want to elucidate on the not so good things about Puting Buhangin, from the unecessary fees to the fact that you need to pay Php30 per pail of fresh water, instead I would like to dwell on all the beautiful things that the beach has to offer.
Puting buhangin is a mere sight of a beach without kuwebang lampas. In the right end of the shore line lies a medium sized cave. The cave has two openings, one that faces the northern part of the beach while the other faces the bay. Here the waters is clearer and is good for swimming. One must wear his/her sleepers before indulging into swimming in this part of the beach though, because of the sharp stones in the cave's bed. I enjoyed swimming in kuwebang lampas too. The sight of vandalism on its wall though, is a bit disappointing.

Here are some views you wont miss on your way to Puting Buhangin

Pagbilao River
Pagbilao Powerplant

Mangrooves


The Other Side of Kuwebang Lampas ( This view broke my heart )



We rented a van for Php3500 per day, so I cant post more info on how to get there. Just read the blog posts of romanleoreyman.wordpress.com and lakwatseradeprimera.com for more info.

Caretaker : Rolly Ferrer
Contact Number :09182689402















3 comments:

  1. It was my first time to go out of town with you guys and I really enjoyed it.
    Reading this blog brings back all the memories in Puting Buhangin.. Everything is great.
    I really have to commend Ariel for not just being a good blogger but the best cook and coordinator for our trip. Til' out next trip my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe... thanks MC.. yup I'll be looking forward to the first trip of CVG gala club... balita ko sasali ka daw sabi ni Fides..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sir, how many hours is the travel time from Manila? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete